Skip to main content

Budget-Friendly Spring Bird Decor: Dollar Tree DIY

 Looking for some creative ideas to decorate your home for the Spring season? Why not give a Dollar Tree wooden birdie a colorful makeover?

 The latest Spring decor items available at Dollar Tree will impress you. I recently found a wooden birdie and while I loved its original design, I wanted to add a splash of color to make it more suitable for Spring. If interested, I can take you through a quick and easy tutorial.

Blue painted wooden bird

Video tutorial

Materials

One bird decor
Artificial flowers
Acrylic paint
Paintbrush
Floral cutters
Hot glue

Step one: Painting the wooden bird 
Wooden bird, acrylic paint and paintbrush
Start with, applying paint to the wooden bird. I recommend mixing white and blue acrylic paint together for a nice color. 


Step two: Paint the beak, flowers, and base
Painted wooden bird and acrylic paint
Next, use a smaller brush to add white acrylic paint to the bird's beak. 
After that, you can repaint the flowers with light pink, purple, and yellow. Don't forget to paint the decoration's base stand with white paint too. 

Step three: Cutting and adding the flowers
Floral cutters and artificial flowers

Finally, take the floral cutters and cut the artificial flowers. Use hot glue to attach them to the stand. 

Your wooden bird decoration is now complete. 

 It's amazing how a little paint and some flowers can transform a decoration. 
This spring-themed wooden bird can be a great addition to a tiered tray or other spring decorations. You could use this as a bookend, perhaps with two birds, but use lighter books.

Thank you for visiting and letting me guide you through this simple decor makeover.

Pin Share Save
Spring bird Pinterest pin


Comments

  1. Adorable! Thanks Stephanie, I just signed up to follow your blog!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna, aw thank you so much! I love new followers. Welcome! :)

      Delete
  2. It turned out so cute! I just love that bird cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the colours! We really need a Dollar Tree over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I love the colour you chose for the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great result. Thanks for sharing with Create-it Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and creative as always. Featuring when my party opens. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you so much. 😊 Always happy to share at your party.

      Delete
  7. That is such a simple little makeover! The color is perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little bird was super cute to start with and you made it even suter with it's makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cute little bird makes a perfect spring decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steph, this turned out beautifully! I appreciate the video tutorial too.
    Thanks so very much for sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

How to Create Fall Crate Décor Using Dollar Tree Items

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. You all know how much I love these wooden crates from Dollar Tree. I created this cute fall decor that can be added to a tiered tray or mantel. We'll use one wooden crate and a house plaque from Dollar Tree. Let's create and decorate together! Please check out my newest link party on the  Crazylittlelovebirds  blog if you haven't already. It runs from Fridays at 9:00 a.m. MST to Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. MST.  Video tutorial Materials One wooden crate One wooden house plaque Acrylic paint Wooden letters Any Adhesive or Hot glue Foam craft blocks Faux fall floral/greenery Paintbrushes Mod Podge Decorative paper Floral cutters Scissors One pencil for tracing I have chosen to decorate with mini pumpkins, a squirrel figurine, and an unpainted leaf ornament for the fall season. Step 1: Tracing your wooden house plaque onto decorative paper Place the wooden house plaque on the decorative paper and trace its shape with a pencil. Cut out th...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Transforming Oui Yogurt Jars: Creating a Window Hanging Flower Display

Transforming Oui Yogurt jars into a hanging flower display is a simple way to add charm to any space. In this post, you'll learn how to customize and hang these jars with flowers. Get ready to create a beautiful, eco-friendly display that brightens up your home or garden. Whether you're new to upcycling or just itching for a quick creative fix, this easy and budget-friendly project will brighten up any window in your home with elegance and charm. Video tutorial What You’ll Need: 3 Oui yogurt jars (or any small glass jars you have on hand) Transfer stickers of your choice — I used cold transfer stickers I snagged on sale at my local Michaels Artificial flowers Scissors Floral cutters Twine Spring tension rod (or clear sturdy command hooks) 1. Prep Your Jars and Add a Personal Touch Begin with clean, dry jars. These little glass containers serve as the perfect blank canvas. Select your transfer stickers—I opted for a floral theme because who doesn’t love more blooms? I trimmed th...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you